Lately I have become obsessed with grilled vegetables, which is lucky since the low carb health kick I’m on calls for them on a daily basis. They are super easy to make, and super quick too! My boyfriend who used to be a veg hater, is wolfing them down so it really is a miracle!
I oven grill these aubergines using olive oil, salt and pepper. That’s it, no more ingredients necessary. Just ensure they are thoroughly coated in oil, I usually coat the bottom of the tray in the oil and then place the aubergines on it before flipping them over to ensure that both sides are covered in oil. For those on an even more super health kick then me, I would advise a different type of oil, perhaps coconut oil or rapeseed oil depending on your own personal preference.
Once oven grilled on a baking tray for 20 minutes, you should achieve a lovely golden brown colour to your aubergines. Once I take them out of the oven I place them on kitchen paper to soak off all the oil, because there really is nothing worse then biting into a grilled vegetable and getting a mouthful of oil! By dabbing them with kitchen paper, carefully so as not to burn yourself, you will be rewarded with deliciously flavoursome grilled aubergines!
Anyway below I have included the full method and ingredients list to achieve this wonderful side dish for any low carb dinner or even as a snack, whichever you prefer.
Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
Any comments or queries do not hesitate to contact me by commenting below or on any of my social media pages.
The Busiest Bee 🙂
One whole Aubergine (does about 12 thick slices-6 per person)
Olive Oil (or oil of choice)
Salt and pepper to season.
- Preheat oven to 200*c (mine is a fan oven)
- Cover bottom of baking tray with the oil, enough to cover all 12 slices of aubergine.
- Place aubergines onto oil, then gently flick over to coat the opposite sides of the slices.
- Place baking tray into oven once it is preheated.
- After ten minutes take out aubergines and flip them over gently to ensure cooking on both sides.
- After 20 minutes check aubergines again, if they are slightly golden in colour and soft to touch with a fork, then proceed to remove them from the oven.
- Place the grilled aubergines onto a good few pieces of kitchen paper and dab them to remove excess oil.
Social media contact: